Homemade stock soup is so much tastier than soup made with a stock cube. So if you still have leftover vegetables that are wasting in your fridge, you know what to do.
You need this
- 1½ kg of different vegetables such as carrot, celery, onion, leek, parsnip, fennel, potato
- 3 tbsp miso
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 L of water
- 1 piece kombu (dried seaweed), 10-15 cm long
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, dried
This is how you make it
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Wash the vegetables, cut them into coarse pieces and put them in a roasting tin. Dilute the miso with a little water and olive oil and mix it with the vegetables.
- Roast the vegetables for 1½ hours until they are dark.
- In the meantime, soak the kombu and shiitake in 3 liters of water. After 1½ hours, pour the water with the kombu and shiitake into the roasted vegetables and let everything steep in the oven for another 45 minutes. Remove the roasting pan from the oven. Strain the mixture.
- If you want a thicker structure (fond), reduce the stock a little more.
Source:Santé December 2019, text:Annemiek de Gier