2 calf feet
6 egg whites
1 onion, 1 carrot, 2 cloves of garlic
1 liter of white wine
salt and pepper.
- Prepare a court-bouillon:1 liter of water, 1 liter of white wine, 1 onion studded with cloves, 1 carrot, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 bouquet garni, salt, peppercorns.
- Cook the 2 hams and the 2 veal trotters previously blanched and deboned. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2.5 hours.
- Prepare a cooking clarification with:6 egg whites, 2 or 3 crushed poached tomatoes, 8 to 10 sheets of gelatin. Clarify. Season to taste and pass through cheesecloth. Leave to cool.
- Slice the ham and calf's feet into strips. Add a pinch of chopped parsley, chives and chervil. Cover everything with the jelly and mix.
- Put in the fridge overnight.
Source:The Great Cooking Game by Robert Courtine